Recipe (about 30 cookies)
400 g of Almond paste
2,5 deciliter of sugar
3 egg whites
BUTTER CREAM (FILLING)
300 g unsalted butter or margarine
2,25 deciliter of icing sugar
3 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
3 egg yolks
1,5 tablespoons of coffee (instant coffee is fine)
2 tablespoons of cocoa
225 g of chocolate (I used dark 70% but you can pick which one you like the most)
30 g coconut butter
- Grate almond paste on a grater. Mix it with sugar and egg whites. Whisk until creamy, preferably with an electric beater.
- Pipe the batter into flat round cakes, about 4 cm in diameter on parchment paper. Let them stand on the plate about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake cakes in middle of oven at 175ºC (347º F), for about 15-20 minutes (they will be golden brown). Allow them to cool on the plate.
- Let the butter/margarine stand in room temperature for 10 minutes. Stir butter/margarine with the icing and vanilla sugar until creamy. It is best with an electric beater. Add the yolks, one at a time. Season with the coffee and cocoa.
- Spread the cream on the underside of the crusts.
- Place the cakes in the refrigerator (30 minutes) or in the freezer (15 minutes) until the butter cream hardens.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut butter.
- Dip the creamy part of the cake in the melted chocolate once or twice. Let the chocolate harden in between.
STORAGE: Refrigerator 6-8 days, in freezer about 3 months.
Finished already? Then enjoy - yum!